Thursday, January 14, 2010

Advertising and Shops

I have been advertising in the Ann Arbor Observer lately (Ann Arbor, Michigan); February will be my second time. Since I am not well known in Ann Arbor I thought I should advertise somewhere. I have always enjoyed reading the Ann Arbor Observer and the ads are cool.   Our newspaper, the Ann Arbor News, went out of business this past year so I thought about the local monthly paper, the Ann Arbor Observer.  It is quite expensive to advertise I am finding out and we'll see about results - I should give it some time.  So, if you have seen my ad in the Ann Arbor Observer please let me know what you think!



I am more well known as a beadmaker/jewelry designer on Beaver Island.  For several years I have been advertising in the Beaver Beacon on Beaver Island.  This is also a monthly paper.  And I have items for sale at Livingstone Studio on Beaver Island, seasonally.  I know people see my ads because they remark upon them to me when they see me on the island. 


 

For several months I have also had items for sale at The Side Door Gallery which is in the Dexter Picture Frame Gallery, on Main Street, in Dexter, Michigan.  The Bier Gallery south of Charlevoix, Michigan, also carries some of my jewelry. 

Since I am a one person operation it is hard to know how many shops I should try to get to carry my jewelry.  How busy do I want to be?  Other than my jewelry/lampwork business right now I am retired. 

Kind of rambling thoughts today! 



GO BACK TO: http://www.BeaverIslandJewelry.com HOME PAGE

No comments: